A Graduate Business Forum (GBF) Vice President appoints and chairs a selection panel for the awards. Judges are the founder of the GBF, the GBF CEO, former elected student leaders and past GBF Leadership Awards recipients.
Please review the 2021 Nomination Packet for a timeline of events.
- Nomination forms are distributed to participating school administrators and to Graduate Business Conference (GBC) participants prior to the annual conference.
- Any faculty member, administrator, student or alumnus from a school participating in the GBC may submit a nomination by completing the online form.
- Each nominator may forward up to two nominations. A nomination of a team of individual students constitutes one nomination. Team nominations must indicate a spokesperson on the nomination form. This individual will speak for the team in the event of a finalist interview.
- Nominations shall be submitted via the online nomination form before the end of the day on Tuesday, April 27, 2021 – Extended Deadline. Additional information (e.g., examples of program materials, etc.) and an optional video pitch may be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online form
- On receipt of your application, a confirmation will be sent within 2-3 business days.
- By entering the competition, nominees agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as the GBF and its partners may request. This includes but is not limited to the use of photographs, videos and testimonials.
- The selection panel will determine if your nomination is applicable for the Student Leadership Award or the Responsible Leadership Award.
- The selection panel will screen all applications and select semi-finalists within two (2) weeks of the nomination deadline.
- Nominators will be informed by e-mail, additional nomination substantiation will be requested, and references will be contacted via telephone interviews focusing on the selection criteria and community impact. Every effort will be made to contact references during this period, but failure to return GBF calls may nullify the nominee’s standing.
- The selection panel will select finalists and conduct 45-minute telephone interviews in the final days of judging. Interviews will focus on the selection criteria and the ability to effectively articulate personal views on leadership and innovation.
- The top three nominees for each award category will be selected and invited to the awards ceremony for the official presentation of the awards recipient(s) and their acceptance remarks. If the finalist or team spokesperson is not a conference delegate, the GBF asks that the honoree’s school sponsor travel expenses.
Process After Selection
- The business school dean and faculty of each GBF Leadership Award finalist will be informed about this prestigious achievement.
- The GBC hosting business school will be informed about attendance and arrangements will be made for the finalists to attend the conference, finalists panel and awards ceremony.
- During the commemorative gala an official awards ceremony will take place to announce the finalists and the 2021 GBF Leadership Award winners.
Process after Winning the Award
- Deans and faculty of business schools participating in the GBC will be informed about the Student Leadership Award and Responsible Leadership Award Winner(s).
- The host school, honoree’s school and 2021 GBF Leadership Award winners will be asked to join with the GBF in publicizing this unique contribution to leadership initiatives worldwide through combined and separate press releases.