A GBF Vice President will appoint and chair the judging panel for the awards. The judging panel includes the founder of the GBF, the GBF Chairman of the Board, former elected student leaders and past Global Leadership Award recipients.
Please review the 2019 Nomination Package for a timeline of events.
- Nomination forms are distributed to participating school administrators and to Graduate Business Conference participants prior to the annual conference.
- Each school may submit up to two (2) nominations for individual or team efforts. A team nomination constitutes one (1) nomination. Team nominations must designate a spokesperson on the nomination form. This individual will speak for the team in the event of a finalist interview.
- Any faculty member, administrator or student from a school participating in the Graduate Business Conference may submit a nomination.
- Nominations shall be submitted via the Online Nomination Form before the deadline. Additional information (e.g., examples of program materials, etc.) can be attached to the online nomination or be sent through email, however these materials will not be returned to the nominator or the nominee(s).
- The awards committee will confirm receipt of your nomination package within three (3) business days.
- The judging panel will screen all applications and select semi-finalists within two (2) weeks of the nomination deadline.
- Nominators will be notified by email, additional nomination substantiation will be requested, and references will be contacted for telephone interviews focusing on the awards selection criteria and the nominee’s community impact. Every effort will be made to contact references during this period, however, failure to return GBF calls may nullify a nominee’s standing.
- The judging panel will select up to three (3) finalists and conduct forty-five (45) minute telephone interviews in the final days of the selection process. Interviews will focus on the award selection criteria and the nominee’s ability to effectively articulate their personal views on leadership and innovation.
- The top three (3) nominees and award recipients will be selected and invited to the awards ceremony for the official presentation of awards and awardee acceptance remarks. If a finalist or designated spokesperson is not a conference delegate, the Graduate Business Forum asks that the honoree’s school sponsor their travel expenses.
Process After Selection
- The business school dean and faculty of a finalist student leader will be informed about this prestigious achievement.
- The hosting business school will be informed about attendance and arrangements will be made for the three (3) finalists to attend the conference, awards ceremony and, if requested, reserve hotel rooms in the accommodation of all conference participants. You will be asked to provide flight details.
- During the commemorative banquet and gala, an official awards ceremony will take place to announce the three finalists and the Global Leadership Award winners.
Process after Winning the Award
- Deans and faculty of participating business schools in the Graduate Business Conference will be informed of the Global Leadership Award winners’ accomplishments.
- The host school, honoree’s school and Global Leadership Award winners will be asked to join with the GBF in publicizing this unique contribution to leadership initiatives worldwide through a common and separate press releases.