A GBF Vice President appoints and chairs the Judging Panel for this award. Judges are the Founder of the GBF, the Chairman of the GBF, former student leaders and past Leadership Award recipients.
For this years’ deadlines, view the 2017 Nomination Package timeline, CLICK HERE.
- Nomination forms are distributed to participating school administrators and to Graduate Business Conference participants prior to the annual Conference.
- Each school may forward up to 2 nominations for individual or team efforts. A team nomination constitutes 1 nomination. Team nominations must indicate a spokesperson on the nomination form. This individual will speak for the team in the event of a finalist interview.
- Any faculty/ admin person/ student from a school participating in the Graduate Business Conference can send in a nomination by completing the nomination pack.
- Nominations shall be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Additional information (examples of program materials, etc.) may be submitted via hard copy, but these materials cannot be returned.
- On receipt of your application a confirmation will be send within 2-3 business days.
- The Judging Panel will screen all applications within 2 weeks after the deadline and select semi‑finalists.
- Nominators will be informed by email, additional nomination substantiation will be requested, and references will be contacted via telephone interviews focusing on selection criteria and community impact. Every effort will be made to contact references during this period, but failure to return GBF calls can nullify the nominee’s standing.
- The Judging Panel will select up to 3 finalists and conduct 45 minute telephone interviews in the final days of judging. Interviews will focus on the selection criteria and the ability to effectively articulate personal views on leadership and innovation.
- The top 3 nominees and Award Recipient(s) will be selected and invited to the Awards Ceremony for the official presentation and acceptance remarks. If this individual/spokesperson is not a Conference delegate, the Forum asks that the honoree’s school sponsors travel expenses.
Process After Selection
- The Business School Dean and faculty of a finalist Student Leader will be informed about this prestigious achievement.
- The hosting Business School will be informed about attendance and arrangements will be made for the 3 finalists to attend the Conference, Awards Ceremony and if requested, reserve hotel rooms in the accommodation of all Conference participants. You will be asked to provide flight details.
- During the Commemorative Banquet and Gala an official Awards Ceremony will take place to announce the three finalists and the Student Leadership Award Winner.
Process after Winning the Award
- Deans and faculty of participating Business Schools in the Graduate Business Conference will be informed about the Student Leadership Award Winner.
- The host school, honoree’s school and Student Leadership Winner will be asked to join with the GBF in publicizing this unique contribution to leadership initiatives worldwide through a common and separate press releases.