Conference theme of Business 4 Good: The ultimate challenge
41 delegates from 21 Top 100 Business schools representing 12 different countries.
Thank you CUHK for an amazing experience perfectly summed up by this post on the conference WhatsApp group:
For those interested to see some of the highlights of a GBF conference – see below. Each has its own unique flavour but what is common to all is that those attending have an unforgettable experience and establish friendships for life.
Theme: Business 4 Good: The Ultimate Challenge!
Dates: Wednesday 24- Sunday 28 May
- 24 May: Arrivals & Social mixer
- 25-27 May: 3 full days of Conference
- 28 May: Optional sightseeing
Who is invited?
- Elected student leaders of the student associations/ governments of the top 70 Business Schools/ MBA programs in the world (incoming and outgoing Presidents/ VPs)
- C-suite executives/ senior leaders from business, academia, government
- GBC alumni of the past 30+ years of our member schools
- NEW THIS YEAR: Entrepreneurs & student leaders of Social Entrepreneurship/ Net Impact/ CSR Clubs or similar
Theme of 2017: Business 4 Good: The Ultimate Challenge!
- For long businesses have focused on profit and shareholder value as ultimate parameters of success. This focus is increasingly challenged. Instead, balancing a focus on profit with delivering positive impact to the world is believed to be the path to true prosperity. A complex challenge to innovate the status quo in business and economics today – maybe even the ultimate challenge!
Graduate Business Conference 2017 – What to Expect?
- The Graduate Business Conference (GBC) is the only annual, global Business School and MBA student leadership conference in the world. The GBC has been held annually, since 1983, when it was first hosted by Columbia Business School in New York.
- The GBC plays a key role in supporting Student Leaders and Social Entrepreneurs in their leadership challenge to improve the educational experience during the MBA or MIM for themselves, their peers, and upon graduation as alumni and in setting up student initiatives and businesses positively impacting society.
- The Conference provides an unparalleled opportunity to network with incoming and outgoing student leaders & social entrepreneurs from the 70+ top Business Schools around the world, alumni from the past 30+ years of Graduate Business Conferences and to learn from peers and thought-leaders in business, government, from writers, social entrepreneurs, impact investors and share best practices and inspiration on (student) leadership, business education and creating a positive impact to society.
The GBC is packed with Best Practice Sessions
Student Leadership & Entrepreneurial Best Practice Workshops have included:
- Influencing and working with your School Administration
- Team Structure, Budget, Annual Planning
- Successful Alumni Engagement
- Executive Board Transition
- Career Services
- Student Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Setting up Successful businesses/ non-profits/ community initiatives
Inspiration is given by the most Inspiring Leaders in the World
Speakers at prior conference have included:
- HRH Crown Prince Fredrik of Denmark
- President Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
- President S.R. Nathan, President of Singapore
- Shashi Tharoor, award-winning Author, politician, former international civil servant at the United Nations, Under-Secretary General during Kofi Annan’s leadership
- Ken Blanchard, best-selling Author, leadership expert, business consultant
- John Plender, Senior Editor of Financial Times and Columnist for The Economist
- Christoph Franz, Chairman of Roche, former CEO Lufthansa
- Michael Dell, President and CEO of Dell Computers
- John Pepper, CEO of Procter & Gamble
- Harish Manwani, COO of Unilever
- Massimo Muzzi, Vice President Robotics of ABB
- Stephan Chambers, Chair Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Director International Strategy, University of Oxford, Said Business School
- Dr. Julia Balandina, Author of “Guide To Impact Investing for Family Offices and High Net Worth Individuals” & Sr Adviser, Member of the Advisory Board (Sustainable Sourcing) and Investment Committee, Unilever
Global Student Leadership Awards Commemorative Banquet and Gala
Dr Kelvin Wong Exec Director Cosco Shipping Ports Ltd
Dr Niven Huang KPMG Sustainability General Manager